Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ndebele painted houses


bing image - http://www.south-africa-tours-and-travel.com/bantu.html
First graders looked at the beautiful houses of the African village of Ndebele as inspiration for building a 3-D paper sculpture.  We patterned the papers with black paint, stamps, and markers before folding and assembling the forms.  As much as I would love displaying these in front of an African sunset backdrop, I didn't have storage space at this time of year with many other 3-D crafts going on.  I will have to try these again next year and plan better storage! 








2 comments:

  1. I see I'm not the only one who loves their houses! My 4th and 5th graders loved learning about their architecture last fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. These look great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!