How many of you fellow blogging teachers have been approached to endorse a product or provide advertising for a company through a giveaway on your blog?
I am curious as to how this works. The target audience for my blog is the families of my students, but the majority of my blog visitors are art educators, so it seems like it could be a good thing to do, provided the company and/or product is relevant and appropriate for my blog focus and my audience. Of course, it would also have to be a product I was experienced with and proud to promote. That being said, I am sure that any kind of compensation may be in violation of my teaching contract with the county, as my blog is not anonymous, but it could possibly help fund classroom expenses. I certainly wouldn't want to do anything to put my career at risk, so I would investigate thoroughly with my administrators before attempting anything along these lines.
I would be most appreciative if any of you have any experience in this area - good or bad - through comments or by email.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
If you would like to participate in a swap with my 4th and 5th graders next year, let me know with a comment or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be more specifics in the fall, but here's what I'm hoping for:
- I need about 10 different participating teachers who can submit 25 or 50 cards from your school - trying to keep it in sets of 25 this year, I went a little nuts last year organizing random numbers :P
- We would like to trade with a variety of grade levels.
- We are hoping to trade with as many different states and countries as possible - would love to trade again with last year's friends!
- Cards need to be complete and in the mail by the end of January to ensure all students get one on Valentine's Day.
- If you haven't done a trade before, the cards are handmade on 2.5 x 3.5" paper, and are labeled on the back with student name, school name, age/grade, city, state, country, date and title of art.
Hope to hear from you!
|a few ATC's I made for friends last year... so fun!
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Punto Y Raya festival - The Festival of the Dot and the Line - in Barcelona, Spain! You can see our link in their blog right here - http://www.puntoyrayafestival.com/blog/?m=201203&lang=en.
I am very excited to know that our work is understood and enjoyed by students in other countries, and I am sure that you are proud. If you would like to make something over the summer to submit by email, you can send it to me at email@example.com. The deadline is right around the first day of school, so we won't be able to do anything to submit in class - maybe next year!