Fall forms and Rousseau-inspired jungles challenged our drawing skills this week...
Friday, October 29, 2010
|bouncing a paint-dipped chain|
Second graders participated in action painting this week after learning about American painter Jackson Pollock. We learned that his goal in creating art was to capture energy and movement. We think he was successful, and we were too!
|spraying a splash of orange|
|rolling a marble, making paint tracks|
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
- Browse the colorful flyer and choose your favorite products. Don't forget to order holiday gifts!
- Check the price list on the "Dear Family" letter, and fill out the order form.
- Make your check payable to Dolvin Elementary.
- Make sure your name and teacher code are easy to read on the back of the art, and make sure there is a "T" marked at the top, on the back, to have your work printed in the correct orientation.
- Send in your order form, payment, and the artwork by Thursday, October 28.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Stuart Davis-inspired Abstract Compositions are coming along nicely! Kids are showing off their knowledge of positive and negative space, visual texture, and using a theme. Love these!!!
Second graders are painting "Rooms With A View", ala Matisse... I just love free painting with all ages (no drawing first). The kids were all saying, "This is the funnest day in art!"