Monday, October 28, 2013

Primary Popsicles

 
First grade, tempera and collage, about 2 sessions

Painting the primary stripes which will become the popsicles
 

Next we mixed the primaries to make secondaries and created line patterns on our background sheets
 

Once we made orange, purple and green, we added white to make tints

 
 

Once all the papers were dry, we cut the popsicle shapes and glued it all together with sticks. The finishing touch was a white highlight to accentuate the reflective surface. Yum!
Thanks to We Heart Art for the great lesson idea - http://ourartlately.blogspot.com/2013/04/pop-art-popsicles.html?showComment=1367282870271#c144193692175858667
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE this take on the primary and secondary colors! I'm going to have to steal this! I ended up not doing my normal primary and secondary projects with kinder this year (as of right now) because they were part of my SLO and needed to have a pre-assessment done on them. I'm thinking this would be a super cute project to leave for my substitute to do while I'm on maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much discovery in one unique artwork! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great project that teaches so many concepts - primary colors, secondary colors, pattern, shape and line. I'm going to steal it, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!