Monday, March 25, 2013

"Pollution Solution": collage with a message

               
 This beautiful work of art by Dante Terzigni entitled "Flower Factory" was the inspiration behind our landscape collages with a message. I was first attracted to the image on pinterest, with the lovely brights against the gray values. Second, I appreciated the message of the urban landscape sending beautiful nature forms from their smokestacks instead of smog and pollution. All of these points were in my 4th grade curriculum - showing space using different techniques (value and size changes, overlapping) and expressing personal ideas or social messages through art.
First, we created the stacked urban setting using black and gray papers, stenciling the third row on our white papers using negative space. Next, we used colorful papers and collaged symbols of health and beauty coming from our chimneys. I think they did a fabulous job with their craftsmanship as well as their messages.


stenciling the sky
     







7 comments:

  1. Great lesson! I love the pop of color against the grays! The kids pieces turned out beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you incorporated the different kinds of paper. Good combo of 3d space and interesting message. I love Dante's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Hope! Thanks for the inspiration : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I may need to try it out next year!! :)

    http://artwithmsgram.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the project but looking at your art room tables as a new teacher I got an idea how to keep the scrapes of construction paper organized- in baskets. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!