Friday, December 12, 2014

The week of 1500 works!

It seems that around 1500 pieces of art were printed or glazed in my room this week - whew! Grades 3-5 were printing and K-2 were glazing, and I'm not sure how it all ended up in the same week - I certainly didn't plan it that way. I realized mid-week last week that something in my time frame had gone awry and the ultimate glazing/firing/printing mess was inevitable this week, in addition to the need for Artsonia updates. I stressed about it a good bit last weekend, but I am happy to say, now on the other end of the week, that it went remarkably well although I am Exhausted.
Here are a few more photos of our week of serious mass production.
The drying rack was filled to the top every day.

Third graders in progress with their evergreen collograph prints




Helping each other out at the quickly- filling drying rack 



Fourth graders are printing their city architecture styrofoam prints, soon to be cityscape collages





5th graders printed the second layer of their pop art reduction prints


Keeping the inking trays and brayers washed between classes was a high priority.


Some of the table mats became works of art too.

K made shoe print charms, 1 made Van Gogh inspired sunflower bowls, and 2 made thumb owls with pinch pot nests.




I will do some detailed posts on these next week and over break, but most of these lessons are on my blog from years past, just search them in the search bar to the right. Thanks for sharing in our week of 1500 works! 
Now to decorate the house and do some shopping with my own two smartest artists, Kinsey and Mak :) have a great weekend everybody - we've earned it!



















2 comments:

  1. so weird I'm doing printmaking a clay this week also! I'm using the Gelli-Arts gel printing plates for monoprinting with grade 2.. they LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your weekend of rest. Great things were being made in there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!